The Head of Technical is mainly responsible to manage the technical department of the Municipality. The main aim of this department is to provide:
- solid waste collection and disposal service.
- sufficient accommodation and housing to all indigents
- clean drinking water and
- sufficient sanitation and sewerage systems to all residents
It is the responsibility of this office to ensure that all solid waste generated in the Municipality is stored, collected, transported and disposed of in an efficient, effective and environmentally-acceptable manner and in accordance with sound business principles. The Technical Department ensures that business plans are timeously drawn up for the delivery of housing needs. The delivery of houses and the formulation of appropriate housing policy and strategy need to be strengthened.
They strive continuously to ensure the provision of clean drinkable water that is tested regularly. We achieved an acceptable score of 53.43% during the Blue Drop rating. We are still struggling to provide each and every household with a waterborne loo system. Oxidation ponds had been constructed in Topline and we will commence with construction of ponds in Wegdraai and Grootdrink.
This section provides the following services: but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of water networks
- Maintenance and cleaning of roads
- Upgrading of pavements
- Monitoring the quality of the water (Blue drop).
- Monitoring the quality of the sanitation (Green drop).
- To ensure that all areas have access to water supply and infrastructure upgraded by 2014
- All access roads to be upgraded by 2014
- All areas are to be serviced with toilets and infrastructure upgraded by 2014
- Provision of housing services to reduce the housing backlog
- Cleaning and Maintaining of Public areas
- Improved storm water maintenance.
- Re gravelling of existing gravel roads